We went out to the Wildlife Refuge this morning so that I could play with my new camera. It was downright chilly on top of Mt. Scott with a little thundershower building up and we got sprinkled on. We went down a road that we've never been down before and took photos of things that we've never photographed before. Overall a really nice trip.
I really like to eat out but most restaurants have such large servings. So DH and I always split an order. I know we could take the leftovers home but some things aren't all that wonderful the next day. Today we ate at Mama Rosa's Tortilla Factory. Great stuff and they do make the tortillas right there where you can watch. I love the way the place was decorated too. It's on our repeat list. We have a lot of restaurants, seems like one on every corner. I've always wanted to try some of them out but we always thought they were too expensive. But, sharing an order makes it affordable.
Cool, it's raining out there right now.
Photos of the day, the first one is of the old entrance to the Refuge. It was built in the 1920's or 30's. My mom remembers going through this gate as a little girl.

Rocky countryside.

Lake Elmer Thomas from a different angle.

I believe this hill is called Mt. Sheridan.

An abandoned ranger residence. Would love to have been able to go inside.

Medicine Park from a different angle.

Your basic buffalo.

Your basic longhorn.
3 comments:
We're getting a little rain right now. It sure is nice.
I just love all of your pictures.
Thanks! We got a lot of nice rain and none of the severe weather.
Beautiful pictures! It looks like you live in a very beautiful area, with lots of great things to see.
Post a Comment