Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Glasses

Got new glasses today, well actually not for a couple of days. But we both went to the eye doc for a checkup. There's a slight change, still have trifocals (easier to see the computer screen). I'm getting transition lenses (used to be called photo gray). This has been a very bright summer, sometimes my eyes hurt it's so bright outside. I don't like to use those clip on sunglasses because they can scratch the lenses. DH got the transition lenses too. So we'll both be cool with shades on. Wiped out the savings account but we'll build it back.

Still blazing hot outside but we're supposed to get slightly cooler weather and rain later in the week. I sure hope so.

There is an animal shelter up near OKC that has a schnauzer mix that if I had my way I would claim him for my own. He is so cute, his name is Cruiser. He's 6 years old and DH is concerned about that but he could live another 10 years. Oh well, he's safe, it's a no kill shelter.

There is only 1 slice of orange cake left so I made a chocolate cake. It's in the oven right now.

Apparently carbonated water is an IBS trigger for me. I didn't have any sodas today and my innards feel calm and happy. I've been drinking sodas for 50 years, finally caught up with me. Doc told me last year to give them up. Did I listen? No. But I'm listening now. So I'm drinking water (bottled water, the city water tastes yucky) tea and Crystal Lite. In the office they had some Crystal Lite raspberry flavor and it was pretty good. So far artificial sweeteners don't seem to bother me.

Photo of the day, my mom as a baby. Note the curl in the middle of her forehead. I wonder if that's a natural curl or if my grandmother did that. I've noticed in some other pictures from that era (the 1920's) that a curl in the middle of the forehead was popular.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable picture of your mom. The curl made me think of that nursery rhyme. My mom used to say it to me all the time because my hair is curly. Are you familiar with it? It goes "There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good, and when she was bad she was horrid". :)

SchnauzerMom said...

I have heard that rhyme, it's cute. I wonder if it applied to my mom.

Unknown said...

Hmm, I wonder if she was the "good" or the "horrid" :)?