Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just Ducky

A while back I mentioned that my brother was a wood carver. He has given us several ducks and last night I took photos of them. In the back ground of the photos you'll see my can opener and the refrigerator. My brother also carved an eagle for us. I'll get a photo of that later.

Today was hot and humid , no rain though. Our pastor and his wife went to Florida last week for a vacation. What a vacation, all that rain. I hope they had a good time anyway.

This evening I roasted some vegetables, made a salad and some cookies. Now I'm pooped.

Photos of the day, some of my ducks. The first one is a red-headed drake.

Photobucket

This next one is a ring-neck drake.

Photobucket

Next is a scoup drake.

Photobucket

This one is called a Ruddy.

Photobucket

I have oodles of them but I'm just going to post 4 at a time.

4 comments:

Annie said...

So, you're not the only artist in the family, eh? Your brother does wonderful work.

It was hot and sticky here, too.

Jules said...

Those ducks are just incredible. I bet they look wonderful in your home. What a gift!

April said...

Oh I like "Ruddy"! Thanks for posting the pictures; I'm really looking forward to seeing the eagle.

Unknown said...

Wow, those are all so pretty! I like the red-headed drake. He does great work!