Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my Church Home, without them life would really be lonely.

The chocolate pecan pie that I made didn't set up like it's supposed too, it's really runny. I probably should have left it in the oven a little longer. I have enough ingredients to make another one, this time I'll bake it longer. Pecan pies are fussy things. I like to cook but I'm not particularly a good cook. And DH is a fussy eater. There have been times when I have told him to just cook it himself. But, he's not all that good of a cook either. But, we get by. I made Parmesan chicken earlier, DH said the chicken looked like fetuses. He has a bad habit of speaking his mind sometimes. Well, it tasted good to me, he hasn't tried it yet.

I've had a sinus headache off and on all day. September is coming and that is the worst month of the year for me. It would be nice if I could just hibernate the whole month of September, come out on the first of October. But, that's not possible so I'll just tough it out.

My brother called and said that my mom has hurt one of her hips. She has had joint replacement surgery on both hips and both knees. She is obese and I guess she just wore out one of the hips. So we're going to get a wheelchair from the church, we have several there. Then she will at least be able to get around the house. She lives with my brother so she's not alone. I would go over there and do her housework but he lives there, he can clean it.

Weather report, hot and humid today. The air was really hazy, I guess because of the humidity.

Photos of the day, more ducks. The first one is a Blue Wing Teal drake.

Photobucket

This one is a Hooded Merganser.

Photobucket

Next is a Gadwall drake.

Photobucket

And this one is a Canvas Back drake.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Annie said...

Mmmmm! Fetus Chicken! My favorite!

Hoping Mom gets better and your headache goes away.

Unknown said...

Ewww, that really doesn't make the chicken sound too appealing does it? Lol!

Our area has been bad for sinus problems too. I hope you feel better soon.