I stayed home from church because I just needed to rest a while. Stomach and intestine pains were still going strong. I have had stomach troubles most of my life. If I remember correctly I didn't have these problems when I was on the gluten free diet but I'm not positive so I decided to get back on it for a week and just see if I notice a difference. In a way I hope that's the problem because I know how to deal with it. But again, I like being able to eat whatever I want. It's possible that I've been gluten intolerant all of my life and just didn't know what it was. The next week will determine that. If I had really good insurance I'd go to the doc have a bunch of tests done. Oh well, moving right along.
I worked on my quilt for a while and also knitted a few rows, read for a while, also made some chili that is gluten free. The hamburger helper I made the other day obviously wasn't. DH will have to eat that.
I don't remember if I wrote about it here or not, but, my mom is having problems with one of her hips. She's had both hips and both knees replaced. The first hip was about 20 years ago and apparently is wearing out. She's having a lot of pain with it, got good drugs from the doc for the pain and she can get around with a walker so her hip isn't broken. She'll find out from the doc next week what needs to be done. She's 81 and I'm not sure if she wants to go through another surgery or not.
Tomorrow DH and I are going out on a photography tour. Maybe back to the Refuge and go to some places there that we don't visit very often. I think maybe we'll walk around some of the lakes. That would be fun.
Photos of the day, more ducks. The first one is a Red Breasted Merganser.

A Northern Shoveler.

A Long Tailed Duck.

This next one is not a duck. It's called an Avocet, a shore bird. This is first attempt.

This last photo is a black bear, his first attempt at something that's not a bird.

There's 3 more ducks in DH's bathroom that I forgot to photograph and I need to get a picture of the eagle.
2 comments:
A photo tour sounds like fun! Hope your mom finds a solution for her hip problems.
If you can find Lara Bars anywhere, try them. They're made from fruit and nuts, no gluten, sweeteners, or ingredients you can't pronounce. The apple pie and pecan pie flavors are excellent.
Thanks, those sound really good!
Post a Comment