Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Banana Split Cake

Actually it's a pie, don't know why they call it a cake. Anyway, here it is.

Photobucket

Looks like a mess. I was supposed to put Cool Whip on top and then cherries and nuts on top of that but I forgot to buy Cool Whip. I do have some Redi Whip but that doesn't hold up well, you have to put that on just before you eat it. The custard part didn't set up at all. I followed the recipe exactly but I think there was a misprint. I think next time I'll use pudding and put the fruit on top of that. It's tastes good though.

Weather report: in the 90's today which is a lot better than 108 like it was just a short while ago. Rain is coming! Starting tonight or tomorrow.

I'm in a skirt wearing mood right now. Normally I wear pants but sometimes I get tired of them. I've been wearing either a skirt or a dress since Saturday. I especially like denim skirts, very comfy in this hot weather. I have a couple of patterns for skirts I really need to make some. I have a pants pattern too. Pants are harder to fit than skirts but I've done it before.

I've been a cooking mood lately. When I find a recipe that looks like something I'd like to try I cut it out (or write it down) and add it to my big black notebook. I was looking through that the other day. There are tons of recipes in there that I haven't tried out yet. Got to get with it. Next time I'm going to make baked spaghetti. I've done that before, good stuff. After that we'll have enchiladas. DH found a recipe for an upside down German chocolate cake. So, I'll try that after the banana split cake/pie is gone.

Photo of the day (the one above doesn't count), my grandmother and grandfather. He died when my mother was a child so obviously I never met him.

Photobucket

2 comments:

April said...

Hey, that "cake" looks good! I've got to stop the sugar soon. Too much of a good thing!

I'm the same with recipes. I have soooo many, but I keep collecting them. I just printed three more out yesterday! I'm thinking when I finally retire maybe I can finally get around to trying all of them. I have a filing system and once I've tested them, I'll add them to my "tried and true" notebook - or toss into the trash.

Unknown said...

Yum! That looks really good!