Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Over

This ultra busy week is over now. Next week will be back to normal, whatever that is. We had the other half of our choir retreat this morning. It was great. We got to know each other a little better and we're developing ways to minister to each other. It is easy in a busy church like ours for some people to fall through the cracks. We want to prevent that from happening. In October we're going to make a Christmas CD. We're going to use it as a form of outreach to those who don't know Christ. It'll be great. I've been in choir off and on for over 20 years but this is the first time that I've been really excited about it. We have the best music minister there is and everyone is motivated. Our theme is "Free to Worship." We will be expressing different ways of worshipping the Lord, shouting, clapping, holding up our hands and so on. Things that "good" Baptists aren't used to doing. But, they're all Biblical and we are people of the Book.

Hot and humid today. My allergies are getting ready to slam me hard this Fall. Fall is the worst time of the year for allergies for me. Even though I love the Fall in other ways, the cooler weather and the changing of the trees. I'm tired of sweating, ya know?

An amazing thing just happened, DH turned off the TV and he's reading a book. He's not a big reader so it is unusual. I think I'll take advantage of the situation and read too.

Photo of the day, DH and Scruffy last Christmas. We both still miss our little pooch, always will.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Annie said...

You expect me to believe that a man turned off the television and put down the remote control? Aw, c'mon now! :)

Your hubby is cute. That's a good picture of him and Scruffy

April said...

Aw, what a nice picture of Scruffy and your hubby... so nice of both of them!

Mike doesn't read much either. I'd love it if he did because then I could read more, which I love to do.

SchnauzerMom said...

Yes! Believe it or not he actually turned the TV off and he is a TV addict. Shocking situation. lol

Unknown said...

It is interesting that many churches that used to only sing hymns are now branching out with praise and worship songs, and also are starting to express themselves more in worship. I think that is great! It is Biblical to worship the Lord in many forms, so it sounds like your church is doing a great thing.

That is such a sweet picture of your husband and Scruffy.