Monday, August 25, 2008

Sad

What made me think that I could be in the choir? We had a special rehearsal tonight and only a few people were there so there wasn't enough to drown me out like they usually do. I sounded like a wounded animal, please put me out of my misery. A woman in the row in front kept turning around and giving me dirty looks. Very rude of her, I bet she doesn't sing so great either. I want to sing to the Lord and I know He doesn't care how well we sing but still if you're in the choir you ought to be able to carry a tune anyway. I'll sing to the Lord out in the congregation, most people out there sing bad too. At least I'm admitting to it early on. I've been in and out of the choir for years and always for the same reasons. It's time to accept the situation and move on. I have other talents that the Lord can use.

Moving right along, DH worked all day today and his foot was throbbing by the end of the day. So he stayed home from the rehearsal to rest his foot.

I've got the front and the back of my sweater done and now I'm starting on the sleeves.

Photo of the day, my dad and mom on their wedding day.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that picture of your parents. They look like a couple from the old movies. Your mother is very pretty.
Don't worry about that lady in your choir. You are very right about the choir not being there to "perform". It's not some kind of show you're in. If she doesn't understand that, maybe she should be the one to leave. The church choir I sang in a couple of years ago had both great and terrible singers. Mixed together, it always sounded wonderful, like a wonderful prayer, and that is what counts.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks for your comments!