Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Still In the Choir

I had a good talk with the Minister of Music. A lot of people in our choir struggle with their singing. The key is "why are you there?" Well for me it's a way to sing to the Lord, just me and Him. We are not performers. As for the woman who glared at me, that's her problem, I'm not there to please her. He is going to see if I can sit next to someone who is a strong singer. I can follow the music better if I can hear someone else singing it. I really love being in the choir, love the rehearsals and love Sunday mornings! So, I'm staying.

I'm so tired today, had a hard time making it through. I only got about 3 hours sleep last night. I didn't have trouble with insomnia until menopause started. I should sleep like a log tonight. Must be something in the air a couple of friends of mine had trouble sleeping last night too.

Warm weather today but I can still feel Fall in the air.

All day I've had the music that we practiced last time stuck in my mind. I'm not complaining, I love the music and it's certainly better than having a beer commercial stuck in there. Another thing that was stuck in there was the verse, "My sheep hear My voice." Is God speaking to me? I think so.

Photo of the day, my dad's parents. They both lived to 84 years old. They died when I was about 13.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Annie said...

Piffle on that ol' gal who glared at you!

Jules said...

I'm glad you get to sing in the choir still! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks - just sing to the Lord. He hears the heart attitude behind the words as well as the actual words and it will be a sweet sound to Him.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Unknown said...

I think it is great that you are staying in the choir! The Lord knows that you are doing your best, and that you are singing to Him. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.