Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So what am I thankful for today? There are a few thundershowers floating around and it's a little cooler today, I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for new eyeglasses (even though I haven't gotten them yet), for my home, my Dh and my job. I'm especially thankful that I'm a child of the King.

I'm going back on the gluten free diet to see if that will help what's wrong with my innards. I eat much healthier when I'm on the GF diet, more veggies and fruit. When I go off of it I eat a lot of bread and processed stuff. There are certain physical problems that clear up when I'm GF, just need to stay with it. So, here we go again. I went to the health food store and got some chips and chocolate chip cookies that I can eat. I'll get the flour and make my own cookies and stuff later.

We didn't go to a movie today. I think we'll wait until the movies that I want to watch come out on DVD and then we'll rent them. Most movies don't stay in the theater very long before they come out on DVD.

I mentioned a while back that we bought a food processor/mixer at the estate sale that the church had. I thought it was broken because I couldn't get the beaters to stay in. I had my friend, Mr. Fixit, look at it and guess what? There's not a thing wrong with it. I just wasn't putting the beaters in right, they need to snap in. So now I have a really great little machine. I haven't tried it out yet but I will soon. It has a blender with it. I'm going to look for some fruit smoothie recipes and try that out.

Photo of the day, this is my great grandfather and great grandmother on their wedding day. They were married in 1905 in Indian Territory.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jules said...

Cool photo! I'm really enjoying seeing all the old photos. I can remember seeing photos of my great-great-grandparents when I was a kid, but sadly no one knows where those photos are now (or if they do, they're not telling).

I like the idea of Thankful Thursday. I've seen it on a few blogs that I visit. As Christians we have so much to be thankful for!

Unknown said...

How cool that you were able to figure out the food processor! I bet you will get a lot of use out of that.

I love the photo. I was looking at her hair, trying to figure out how she did that! Not that I want to try it, but it is fascinating :).

SchnauzerMom said...

It would be interesting to know how she did her hair. When she was old her hair was short and permed.