Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sleepy

I've been sleepy all day and I hate that. I especially hate being sleepy while the preacher is preaching and it was a great sermon too about the security of the believer. I need to go back to taking notes, that helps me to concentrate and hopefully stay awake. You'd think I had been partying all night last night. There is a race track not too far from our house and there were car races going on until midnight. So it was after midnight before I got to sleep.

I really enjoy choir rehearsal. I love learning new songs and trying to learn the notes. I say trying because I'm not a great singer. I think I can blend pretty well with the rest though. They haven't thrown me out yet. We have another rehearsal tomorrow night because we need to learn the music so we can record our CD in October.

Hot and dryer today. The reason I know the humidity is lower is because I washed my hair and it's not as fluffy as it has been. In the winter when the humidity is really low my hair will be pretty limp. Can't be helped that's just it's nature.

Today I wore a skirt that I bought at the Salvation Army for $1 and a shirt that I bought at Goodwill for 2 or 3 dollars. They're probably out of style but that's OK. I was never one for being in style anyway. I think I might have accidentally worn the latest style once or twice in my life. I usually don't like the latest styles. You have to be a tall, skinny fashion model to look good in them. So I find what does look good and stick with that.

Photo of the day, my big brother, he is 4 years older than I am and a bachelor. My mom lives with him. I'm glad that he has been willing to take care of her. He is a gifted wood carver and I need to take some photos of his work. For a long time he carved only ducks but he's branching out now. I have a black bear, a shore bird and an eagle that he carved for me.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jules said...

We have a stockcar track not far from our place and we can hear the cars at night too so I know what you're talking about.

I can see the family resemblance with your brother.

Thanks for the photos.

Unknown said...

I have a hard time finding clothes today too, with all the new trends. Some of the clothes are really immodest in my opinion. It is hard to shop and find something that covers up enough! You got a great deal on the skirt and shirt, so that makes it all worthwhile :).

Unknown said...

P.S. Your brother looks a lot like you. He sounds like he is very talented!

April said...

I'd love to see some carvings that your brother did; do please post them when you get pictures!

SchnauzerMom said...

I will post pictures as soon as I get around to taking them.