I saw an ad in the paper about free/cheap dogs. So I called, apparently it's a puppy mill out near Snyder. The woman is quitting the dog business and wants to get rid of her breeders. They are not housebroken and have never been in a house. I think she wants to sell/give them to other puppy mill people. If I had my way I'd rescue all of them but we're not equipped to deal with dogs that have been damaged by years of abuse. So I'll pass on this one.
It's so hard to get motivated to clean house, it really is. So I'll put if off another day. It's not like I have to do it by myself, DH will help but he's not motivated either. I don't mind my own dirt (or his). I did do a bunch of laundry though. I get credit for that. Actually the washer and dryer did all the work, I just stuffed the clothes in them.
I did sew 2 quilt blocks today. It's called the King's X and will make a nice pillow quilt. I'm not sure what I'll do with these pillow quilts, give them away for Christmas I guess.
Now that I got my bike tire fixed I'd like to go bike riding but it's still brutally hot out there. Maybe later this evening.
Photo of the day, more of my Okie kinfolk. This is my mom, her sister and brothers and a cousin or two.
2 comments:
We always started right before Labor Day and got out right before Memorial Day. That was in the dark ages when schools weren't air conditioned, so we didn't start when it was 140 degrees outside.
Sad about the dogs. I don't like seeing them abused, either. They didn't ask for that kind of treatment.
I agree. It seems like they are trying to make the summers shorter and shorter for kids. They are talking about year round school here too. The poor kids! Can you imagine? I'm glad we are homeschooling!
So sad about the puppy mill. I feel so sad when I see that. I went with my neighbor years ago to get a breeder dog from a puppy mill. This poor dog was in such terrible shape. You could barely tell she was a dog. She was filthy, and smelled so horrible, and her fur was matted so bad we had to cut it. Just a few months later, she was a spoiled, chubby dog who had a great life. So it ended well :).
Post a Comment