Monday, August 11, 2008

Rain, Rain, Rain

It was raining when I got up this morning and it lasted until almost noon. We didn't get a lot of rain but it was the kind that soaks in instead of running off. It might rain again on Friday, I hope so. Maybe it will lower the fire danger around here.

I trimmed about 1 inch off of my bangs today. I could let them grow out I guess but I really prefer the way that I look with bangs, so they stay. My hair really loves humidity, it looks thicker and wavier.

I got my new glasses today, they are the kind that get dark in sunlight. Of course it was cloudy most of the day but the sun did come out a little and the glasses really do change. I had glasses like this about 25 years ago and didn't like them at that time but I think I'll enjoy these.

You know if you watch the news you can get all depressed. But my pastor has been preaching about the end times and the Second Coming of Christ and all this stuff that is going on is just evidence that the time is near. Very exciting!

I wore a denim skirt to work today. It was much cooler than the shorts and capri pants that I have been wearing. There is more "air circulation" with a skirt. At first I liked the capri pants but now I don't care much for them. I think it's just the material these particular pants are made out of. I think it's too soft, after I've had them on for a while the knees bag and the seat sags. Maybe a pair made of a firmer material would be better.

Photo of the day, another photo of my great grandparents. I love the mustache on my great grand-dad.

Photobucket

No comments: