DH wore his special shoe and worked half the day. He helped me get the big stuff done. I was able to get most of the rest done in the afternoon. We'll finish up in the morning.
The church had 3 activities going on at the same time this evening. The choir retreat, which DH and I are a part of. The single adults and the senior adults had a homemade ice cream party and the Recovery group met. They meet every Friday. It's a group of people who are helping each other to overcome addictions. Quite a busy place. The parking lot was full. Like I said before, we have all this space we might as well use it. The choir will finish our retreat tomorrow morning. Then this super busy week will be over. Whew!
Yesterday I put the borders on 4 more quilt blocks. I was trying to decide if I want to machine quilt it or hand quilt it. I like hand quilting the best and I'm in no hurry to get it done so that's probably what I will do. I think I'll lap quilt it too. That's quilting each block separately and then sewing all the blocks together later.
Photo of the day, my dad as a baby. Notice the little dress he is wearing. I guess that's the way they dressed all babies, boys and girls back in 1919.
4 comments:
What you call lap quilting we call "quilt-as-you-go" (lap quilting here is quilting that's donw tihout a hoop or frame). I'm thinking of using it for a queen-size quilt that I'm working on. I plan to divide the top into 6 separate sections and quilt each section then join them all together.
Sounds as if you've been busy! Hope things settle soon.
Glad Hubby is up and around.
I have pictures of my dad in little dresses. Can you imagine the reaction we'd get today for dressing little boys in dresses???
They not only wore dresses but some of them had long curls too. I wonder what the reasoning was.
Your church sounds like it is wonderful about outreach! It sounds like a very busy place!
Whenever I see pictures of my grandfather when he was a baby (it would have been in the early 1900's), his hair is in long ringlet curls. He had a head full of naturally curly hair all his life, but never had it long except for when he was a baby. He also was wearing a dress in many of his baby pictures. I wonder why they did that?
Post a Comment