Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday

Yep, it's Friday all right. There are times when I wish I worked 5 days a week and had the weekends off. But, I've never had a job like that. DH and I were talking about all the jobs that we've had. My first job was at a Dairy Queen, I only lasted a week. Couldn't get the hang of making that little curly Q on the ice cream. That's not the reason I quit though. My boss said that we would have to work on our days off if he wanted us too. I place great value on days off. My next job was at Furr's Cafeteria, I lasted 9 months there. I only quit because we moved away. The next job was in construction work. We had moved to Dumas, Texas and there were just NO jobs there for me. My father and brother were building houses so I helped them. I was mostly a go-fer although my dad did let me hammer a few nails. After that we moved to Oklahoma. I got a job at Underwood's that lasted 3 days. They were 12 hour days and that's 4 hours too much per day for me. After that I went to Del Rancho and lasted several months there, don't remember exactly how long. After that I went to Wayne's Drive Inn and stayed there 4 or 5 years. Then I got on at the church as a secretary. I'd still be a secretary but we moved to another town and my DH became the pastor of a church there. I got to be a housewife for a short while. Then I got a job as a secretary at a children's shelter, that lasted maybe 6 months. I had a "conflict" with one of the other employees there so I quit. Then I went back to Wayne's for several months. I loved it there but had to quit because I just wasn't physically able to keep up with the work. It's a very fast paced job. Then I got back on at the church as a custodian, my old job was taken. I've been at the church for 6 years now. I was a secretary for 14 years. So that makes a total of 20 years as a church employee. I guess I'll stay here.

The Parmesan (fetus) Chicken recipe is not something that I'll repeat. It tastes OK but nothing to write home about. Last night I had to go to a meeting and while I was gone DH baked the chocolate pecan pie. The one I made didn't set up but his did. He baked it for over 1 hour, didn't burn the crust, thank goodness. It tastes great, maybe he can be the pie baker around here. Not likely, he's not really big on cooking, just eating.

Weather report: hot and humid today with a few thunderstorms but none of them coming our way.

Photos of the day, more ducks. The first one is called a Wood Duck, not because it's made out of wood.

Photobucket

A Harlequin Duck.

Photobucket

A Northern Shoveler.

Photobucket

A Cinnamon Teal.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

Your brother's work is beautiful. I can't decide which one I like best. I just love them all.

Unknown said...

Wow, he really does do great work! He is very talented!

Annie said...

Wood ducks are my favorite. I love those rare occasions that they stop by our pond.