Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Well we didn't do any labor today. We invested in some gas and drove around looking for things to take photos of. First out to the Refuge to some places that we haven't been to in a long time. We went to the top of Mt. Scott so that DH could practice doing a panorama series. It would have been better if it hadn't been so hazy today. But we got some good photos anyway. At noon we ate lunch at Sonic (salads) and then decided to go to Wichita Falls and take some more pictures of the falls. It was very hot and humid but we got some good shots there too.

There was a carnival here last night and we went out and took some pictures of it. My camera has a setting for night time but I forgot to use it. My photos turned out OK anyway.

I think we have a chance of getting some rain tomorrow. I hope so, the fire danger is still high. There's a cold front coming, I hope it really cools things down.

Yesterday morning I ate a gluten filled breakfast (pancakes made with Bisquick) and about an hour afterward I had sharp stomach pains. After lunch (Hamburger Helper) I had bad stomach pains around an hour afterwards. For dinner I had a gluten free meal (homemade chili) and guess what within an hour. . .no stomach pain. I stayed gluten free all day today and no pain. Sigh, so I guess I really need to stay on that diet. I was blaming other things, even saying it was all in my mind. But my stomach was hurting to much for it to be all in my mind. I have read that sometimes a trauma of some kind could trigger a gluten intolerance. So maybe the problem I had a couple of years ago with the pain meds triggered it. Oh well. At least I know what to do.

Moving right along. The photos that I took last night at the carnival.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the photos that I took on the Refuge.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And last but not least, the photos from Wichita Falls.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! Lovely photos, SM! What a fun day you and Hubby had!

For What It's Worth: Years ago I had allergy testing done.... I asked the doc why I was having allergic problems in my adult life that I never had as a kid. He said that we are born with a tendency to be allergic to certain things, but we may not actually react to them until later on after we've had years of exposure.

Daisy said...

It sounds like you had a nice time getting out SM. There are some really beautiful photo's you have here! I was going to post that I love the water ones, but I really think I like them all!

SchnauzerMom said...

That really makes sense about the allergies. I didn't have them as a kid and now I do.

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the water pictures. So peaceful looking.