Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meet Sassy

Our new pooch.

Photobucket

We went to the dog pound yesterday and adopted her. They said she is a schnauzer mix but I see more mix than schnauzer. She was filthy and full of fleas and ticks. I gave her a bath and put some Frontline stuff on her. She's a little overweight. She has lived with a family before, we could tell by the way she just settled into our home. She doesn't walk on a leash very well so I think she probably spent most of her time in the yard. I don't know why she ended up in the pound. They said she was a stray so I guess her old family must have dumped her out. Either they didn't want her anymore or maybe they were moving and couldn't take her along. Anyway, she has come to live with us now. She's young, maybe 1 1/2 years old and right now she is playing with the toys we got her. She is in heat, not a wonderful thing. We will get her spayed as soon as we can. When we adopted her I had to sign so much paperwork I felt like I was buying a car. The new city ordinance insists that we spay and neuter our animals. DH and I always do that anyway. We're not in the puppy business.

Yesterday we went to Anadarko to see the Indian Village museum but it was closed. I guess they are only open during certain times like the summer. Oh well, we'll try again at another time.

We were going to take Sassy to the park to walk but she threw up in the car so we took her home. I don't know if she gets car sick or it happened because of a change in her food. I don't know what the dog pound fed her so she is starting a new food without the usual transition time. Tomorrow she goes to the vet for a check up and her shots. We'll also make an appointment for her spay.

Today is 3 months since Scruffy passed away. It still hurts but Sassy will help ease the pain.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Oh, she's so cute and I'm sure she's going to help fill that void in your hearts.

Daisy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daisy said...

Awwwwwwwwwww!!! Sassy is really, really, really cute!!!! What a sweet face and her ears are adorable!

April said...

Aw, Sassy is so cute! I'm so glad you guys got another dog - and it sounds like she really needed you. Poor little thing - but now she has a wonderful new home! :)

Unknown said...

Awww, look at her! What an adorable dog! I'm so happy for you! I hope she adjusts well to her new home.

Annie said...

She's adorable! Congratulations! She's very lucky to have you and your DH for her new Momma & Poppa.