I'm in the process of trying to learn about politics and the issues. I got on Obama's official website and McCain's official website and looked around. If that was all there was to it I think I could make up my mind pretty easily. But then I heard people talking about hidden agendas. Why do we have to have agendas, why can't everything be out in the open and honest. That's too easy I guess. I took a little quiz about the issues and it was supposed to tell me what my political philosophy is. It seems that I'm a liberal populist and DH is a moderate populist. I did some research to find out what a populist is, never heard of it before. If I understand it correctly a populist is someone who supports the common man and is opposed to the "elite." Well that sounds pretty good. But there can be extremes. Apparently the Nazis were far right wing populists and so were the KKK. That's not good but that's far right wing and I'm liberal and DH is moderate. So I guess we're OK. We're Christians and I've had the impression for a long time that as Christians we're expected to be conservative Republicans. Right wing and all that. But I'm tired of just following along. I want to think for myself, make my own decisions. That's why for the first time in history I've decided to pay attention to what is going on.
Weather report: another gorgeous day, cool, lots of sunshine. But we could use some rain. A nice big full moon out there. A few years ago the university set up a telescope and let people look through it to see Mars. I don't remember why, I think Mars was supposed to be extra close to Earth or something. Anyway we stood in line for a long time and when we finally got a chance to look it was just a fuzzy blob. I was expecting to see the planet surface, rocks and all that. That telescope wasn't nearly big enough for that. I guess I've watched too much Star Trek.
I like science, it was one of my favorite subjects in school. Not mathematics, that's over my head. But I think it would be great to be a Naturalist, to go out and study nature. I believe that God created everything and I love to look at and study His creation.
Photo of the day, this is a small wall hanging that I made, I don't remember what the pattern is called.
2 comments:
Being Canadian ...I have no comments on the politics ... it's not my country. I'll pray for the U.S though.
Your quilts are GORGEOUS!
SM, thanks for your prayers and commenting on my blog, I appreciate it very much.
Hi Kathryn :) I like the way you're thinking! Don't follow any crowd; find your own way and vote with your heart, mind and conscience. Only you know what that is. And beware of people people telling you about "hidden agendas" and such - from either side. If it's "hidden", how do THEY know about it? There are Republican Christians and Democrat Christians, liberal and conservative. There isn't any one "right" way. You'll figure it out.
I agree that your quilts are just beautiful.
Post a Comment