Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cold Front

I want an arctic cold front to come through and blow all this ragweed down to the Gulf. The itching, sneezing and runny nose is wearing me out. I go through this every Fall and this year has actually not been as bad as some years. I've heard that we're supposed to blame Global Warming for the bad allergy season. So, OK I'll blame Global Warming, whatever.

Sassy had an accident in the house yesterday, it's my fault really because I wasn't paying attention to the signs. Standing by the door is a good sign. Hey, I'll just blame Global Warming. She did a lot better today. I think she's a woman's dog because she took to me right away. DH is hurt that she doesn't want to snuggle up to him but I think she will in time when she gets used to him. He just needs to be patient. We could blame Global Warming for that too.

Science is one of my favorite subjects. Several times in the Earth's past we've had warm periods and cool periods, ice ages and so on. The Earth may be getting warmer right now but I believe it's a natural cycle that the Earth goes through. Our pollution might be making it a little worse but I just don't believe that we triggered this thing.

More Zoo photos. I have a ton of them so it'll be a while before they're all posted.

A lizard of some kind.

Photobucket

A young lioness.

Photobucket

Gorilla.

Photobucket

Grizzly.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jules said...

There's a lot of things that don't add up for me with this so-called "global warming". I think a lot of it is just pseudo-science! Anyway, the Bible tells us that the times and seasons are in His Hands, so I'm not going to worry too much about it. I'll be responsible (because who wants to breathe in more pollution than they have to) but I'm not going to get paranoid.

Annie said...

I was listening to a pet program on the radio a couple of days ago; they were talking about dogs attaching to the woman and not the man. They advised having the man do all the "treat" duties: feeding, rewards, etc. They said it could take a while, but eventually the dog will attach to the man, too. Said it was most common in dogs like yours who might have come from a female-only household. Then again, it cold be global warming.

SchnauzerMom said...

My feet hurt and I'm sure global warming has something to do with it.