There is a lady who lives East of my town who runs a no kill shelter for dogs. I applaud what she is trying to do and wish her well. However when we went there to check things out we really didn't like what we saw. The dogs were kept in fairly small kennels. Several dogs to a kennel. The kennels were also filthy, poop everywhere. I don't know if she just doesn't have the time or maybe just not enough help to keep up with it. She also said that she had several more dogs coming in from overseas. I'm afraid that she might be getting in over her head. It's a good thing that DH was along though or I would have gotten a dog from her anyway. I'm a sucker for dogs. But we need to find the right one and the right one wasn't at her place. I'll keep looking.
Today has been a beautiful day, mild, sunshine and a few clouds. We didn't get any of the rain from last night. Sigh.
Well, the gluten free thing only lasted about a day and a half. It really isn't necessary. My innards are fine. I'm in danger of becoming a hypochondriac. It's time to quit thinking about such things. It's time to trust the Great Physician and move on.
Photo of the day, my dad's official army picture from WWII.
4 comments:
Your dad was a handsome man! Glad your tummy is better.
Why on earth is the woman importing dogs? We have enough unwanted animals without bringing them in from overseas!
My thoughts exactly. We can't find homes for the ones born here, certainly don't need to bring in more.
That sure doesn't make much sense about importing dogs when we have so many that need homes here. It is sad that the shelter was in such bad condition. That is not a good sign!
What a neat picture of your dad. Look at that deep cleft in his chin! He was really handsome. Do you have all of these pictures in albums, or do you have a box full of them? I love how it is like looking at a piece of history.
I have some photos in albums and the rest are just in a box.
Post a Comment