The innards have calmed down considerably, now to just stick with it. I'm a very stubborn person and have to learn the same lesson the hard way over and over again.
As a Christian I want to serve the Lord, to do something for the Lord. I've learned from my Experiencing God Bible study that God is more interested in having a relationship with us than He is in what we do for Him. Still, I've always wanted a ministry of some kind. I've tried a lot of different things, preschool, children, choir, home-based Bible study, greeter. I've developed a reputation as a quitter because I've tried so many different things. But there is something that our associate pastor said a while back that is finally sinking in. Our jobs there as custodians are a ministry. Keeping the place clean and unlocking and locking up is a ministry, it is a need. I did think of it as a ministry to a certain extent but felt inferior as well. Teaching Sunday School, preaching, singing, all these things seemed more important. But it dawned on me today that the reason I can't find my place is that I'm already in my place, in my ministry. So now I'm motivated to do my job to the best of my ability and not feel inferior. The fact that I get paid to do it helps too.
I made one quilt block this morning and would like to make at least one more this evening too. We'll see.
Photo of the day, haven't photographed the eagle yet so I'm back to family photos for now. This is four generations in one photo. I'm the baby, my mom, my grandmother and my great grandmother.
2 comments:
I love cold fronts too! At least at the end of a hot summer - lol. They are invigorating and exciting.
I think one can serve God on many levels. I am a more "behind the scenes" kind of person myself and the things I do aren't all that noticable. But it's my way. I'm not comfortable being "out there" so am under the radar and some might not even notice. But I know - and pray for direction all the time. I think we all have certain talents and proclivities and there is a need to serve in so many ways.
I love your brother's bear! Can't wait to see the eagle.
That's a great picture of the four generations of women in your family - how nice to have one of all of you together. You were a mighty pretty baby. My parents had some curtains very similar to those in the picture!
I'm glad you are feeling better! I hope the gluten free diet continues to work well for you.
I know what you mean about wanting to do something more for the Lord. I am at that place right now too, but I already have so much on my plate. I have felt bad about that. Recently, my mother-in-law said something similar to what your assistant pastor said. She told me that I am in service. I am serving my family by homeschooling my daughter and taking care of my husband, daughter and house. That put things in a different perspective for me.
Awww, look at that adorable
picture of you! You were so cute!
Post a Comment