Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that God is in control and it's not all up to me. I'm thankful that one day the King will come and I look forward to that day.

Weather report: gorgeous weather again today. Bone dry still, that's the only bad thing. It was pretty cool.

I bought some shoes at Wal-Mart that I think will work with skirts and not hurt my feet too badly.

I used the hamburger that we got from the church the other day to make a taco pie and a taco salad. Looks like they're going to be tasty. I got some chocolate soy milk. I'm lactose intolerant and there is a limit to how much dairy I can have even with lactose pills. The soy milk was really good. It'll be a good way to get calcium. We went by the courthouse and changed our political affiliation from Democrat to Republican. We think and believe like Republicans anyway, may as well officially belong.

We went out to the Refuge this afternoon and got some great photos. We went to Jed Johnson Lake and walked up a trail that we haven't been on in over 20 years. I'll post the photos one at a time. They'll make great "photos of the day."

Speaking of, here's the photo of the day. Some prickly looking wildflower/weeds that I thought were interesting.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I so look forward to that day as well! I'm so thankful for the gift of eternal life that God gives us!

That is a beautiful weed! Can you say that about a weed? LOL. I have never seen anything like it.

bunches of yarn said...

Hi:
Beautiful violet plant. Do you know what it is? Looks like some sort of thistle from here.

Have a good weekend, you'll be a great Sunday School teacher.
^__^

SchnauzerMom said...

I guess the plant is a thistle, looks like one anyway. This one had a little bug on it, it's kinda hard to see.