I got a chance to be the computer tech for the early worship service this morning. Basically putting slides up on a screen. Messed up a couple of times but not too badly. I don't think they'll kick me out.
One skein of yarn I had tangled up so badly that I had to take it and roll in into a ball in order for it to even be usable. It was a mess and took quite a while to roll up. I need it to finish my sweater otherwise I might have wadded it up and thrown it in the trash. Patience, patience.
The state fair starts Thursday so DH and I will probably go up there. The fair isn't as nice as it was years ago but it's still interesting. They used to have an international building that had stuff from all over the world. Now it's dominated by China. The booths that aren't Chinese are selling stuff that's made in China. It would be nice to find something made somewhere besides China. I usually suffer with allergies at the fair because we spend so much time outside but I'm going anyway unless something comes up to prevent us. A couple of years ago when we went I made the mistake of eating a funnel cake and going on a couple of the rides at the carnival. I lost the funnel cake after the last ride. Never again. I have motion sickness anyway and that combined with the greasy funnel cake was not a good thing.
Photo of the day, my dad's parents. They lived on a farm in central Texas. They both died when I was about 13 years old.
3 comments:
Oh boy SM .. you better stay away from the rides! I would love to have some funnel cake, they look so delicious, I may have had one once.
I can relate to the allergies! The air quality this time of year isn't the best, that is for sure. It is cooler here, so we love having the windows open. Not so great for allergies though. We have been blowing our nose a whole lot, and sneezing.
Your fair doesn't have a Sri Lanka booth? I'd complain to the management.
Post a Comment