When I was a kid growing up in Arizona we went fishing a lot on the weekends. Trout fishing to be exact. A lot of the times my mom would pan fry the fish not long after we caught it. I so loved it, I could almost make myself sick on it. I can still taste it today. Sigh. Trout cost an arm and a leg in the store and it's not as good as fresh out of the lake. Now they tell us that fish from the lake isn't safe anymore, it has mercury in it. So where is all this mercury coming from. We didn't worry about that when I was a kid. This is a weird world that we live in today. Every one's so worried all the time.
On TV just now they had an ad asking people what kind of funeral they would want for themselves. I don't care, I'll be dead. It's not like I'm gonna hang around and watch.
I really need to scan in some more kinfolk photos. My goal was to get them all saved on the Internet, then if the house blows away I'll still have my pictures. Not the originals of course but at least a copy.
Photo of the day, this is a drawing that my grandmother made and my mom and her sister colored it when they were children. I consider it a treasure.
5 comments:
It is sad about mercury in fish. I love fresh caught fish. We live right by the river, and we can easily catch fish from the river, but we can't eat it because of the polluted water. I miss the taste of fresh caught fish.
Obviously talent runs in your family!
There are times I love the fragrance of rain!
Although there are other times it can get stinky when the worms come out. Kind of smells wormy or something. I know, I'm weird.Boy now I'm curious. Do you get brown earth worms in your neck of the woods?
It is a treasure! And I love the new photos on your header and footer.
There is a special smell about freshly-rained-upon ground. All fresh and alive. However in just a few moments my sons will walk in the door smelling of wet wool because it's raining again here and cold too. That smell I could do without.
That's a wonderful treasure!
We discovered after my FIL died just how badly the funeral homes play on the emotions of the relatives and really fleece them. When MIL dies, it'll be a different story. Did you know that you can buy your casket online for about half the price the home charges, it's delivered in 24 hours, and the home is required by law to take it?
Sorry, ranting on your blog. Funeral homes just irk me.
Yes we have earthworms here, they are really good for the soil. Kind of icky otherwise.
Post a Comment