Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gorgeous Day

The weather was perfect today, a little wind, nice and cool and lots of sunshine. I wish we could have gone somewhere.

The associate pastor and his wife have been at my church for 30 years. We celebrated their anniversary today. They have been very special to DH and me. He is in charge of the singles ministry and that's where DH and I met. DH has bi-polar and we have been through many ups and downs. Depressions, attempts at suicide and our associate pastor has been by our side through it all. I'm very thankful for him and his wife. They have touched hundreds of lives over that 30 year time span. I'm hoping for another 30 years. Of course by then he'll be in his 80's. It's unusual for a pastor to stay that long. Most move on after only a few years. Our pastor has been there for over 25 years. This church is my family.

My eyes are itching, that's one reason why we didn't go anywhere even though I wanted to. When you're allergic to the outdoors it's best to stay indoors.

I mentioned that I hate politics. I hate it for the same reason that I hate football. I don't understand it. To me football is just a bunch of overweight guys chasing a ball down the field. Politics seems like just a bunch of ambitious guys who will say anything to get elected. In the past I would just guess, flip a coin, try to pick the lesser of two evils. So I've decided to do as much research as I can and try to understand what is going on. So far some of what Obama says makes sense and some of what McCain says makes sense. I don't agree 100 percent with either one. I guess the important thing is what is best for the country as a whole. I've got just a few weeks to try and figure it out. I may end up flipping a coin. I'm developing a vague understanding of the difference between liberals and conservatives. I must be a moderate, either that or I'm wishy washy.

Photo of the day, this quilt is called Wild Goose Chase. The flash of the camera kinda washed it out. The colors were a light green and a cream.

Photobucket

No comments: