At church tonight we had a prayer meeting for the whole association, all the baptist churches in our area. Unfortunately very few were there. It makes me wonder why, don't they believe in prayer and the desperate need to pray for our country? We prayed for ourselves, our country, people who don't know Christ, for Revival in this country, for God's will to be done.
I haven't been to the public library in a long time so I went today. Found out my card needed to be renewed. I usually get more books than I can read in the allotted time. I tried to restrain myself this time and just got three.
This was a pretty laid back day, did very little. We all need days like that I think.
Photo of the day, in my old blog I posted photos of some of my quilts. I haven't done that in this blog yet. So, without further ado, here is a quilt called Card Tricks that I made about 8 years ago. DH wanted a red, white and blue quilt and he liked the Card Tricks pattern.
3 comments:
I make regular donations to the public library (in the form of late fees). It took me a while to break the teenager from thinking she could only buy books. Now she checks out stacks of books at a time!
KATHRYN! You are so talented! Do you hand or machine quilt? One day when I have more time, I hope to make at least one quilt! I've hand-stitched lots of pieces together and thoroughly enjoyed the process, but I never put a whole quilt together with the batting, etc. and then "quilted" it y'know. Anyway, I've never seen that pattern before; I like it!
I have quilted by machine but I prefer hand quilting. I just like the way that it looks.
Post a Comment