Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bikes

We got to ride for a short while this morning. It gets hot so fast here you have to get your outdoor stuff done early. Of course some people like to be out in the heat. I'm an air conditioning person myself.

I re-potted a plant that we took from the church office. It was dying because it was over-watered. It looks pretty pathetic. I hope I can bring it around. It was left behind after a funeral. It looks like one of the plants that we saw at the Myriad Gardens. But then I've heard that most house plants originated in the tropics.

I think the next time I get new glasses I'm going to get the kind that turn dark in the sun. I had them about 20 years ago and didn't like them at that time. I'm sure they're a lot better now. It's so bright outside, I really need some dark glasses. I used to have prescription sunglasses but they can be a lot more expensive.

Photo of the day, my brother and me in Arizona. We're standing in front of a large flower garden. They used to have fields of flowers that were sold in roadside stands. They were called the Japanese Gardens. I don't know why they were called that, did Japanese people own them? I have no idea but they were beautiful. They're gone now, all under houses and shopping centers.

Photobucket

2 comments:

April said...

I'm loving the old pictures Kathryn! They remind me of all the snapshots I have from the '50s when we were kids. I love your face in this shot - lol!

I hate that the desert is now all buildings. Sometimes "progress" really isn't at all. Here it's different - all of the forest is slowly getting cut down for new shopping malls and housing.

SchnauzerMom said...

An awful lot of farmland is going under housing too.