Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thunderstorm

We have what is being called a strong thunderstorm going on outside right now. Kind of nice hearing the thunder. So far just thunder and no rain.

I'm been thinking and praying about Sunday School. I handled the situation all wrong. I love working with kids, teaching them stories, playing with them and doing crafts. But, I felt really stressed out. I believe that the Lord wanted me to work with kids. But when I had the stress and a feeling of dread at the thought of going into the class I thought it was the Lord telling me I was mistaken about being there. Now I think it was caused more by a bad atmosphere or spirit. I told a while back about Nada and how she tended to get offended really easy and the problem she had with Josh. Well, I found out today that Nada quit the class, she says she can't work with Josh. So that leaves just one adult in the class. So DH and I are going in there Sunday and fill in. I think with Nada gone the atmosphere will be much better. Nada just can't let go of things and it was hurting the class. There is an opening in the preschool area, maybe she will go there. The problem that I had with the division director has been worked out. We talked about it and agreed that it was a lack of communication.

It's been 3 weeks now since Scruffy passed away. Her vet was the best in my opinion. When he gave her the drugs that took her life he kissed her goodbye. He gave both of us a big hug too.

DH went out the other day and took photos of the flowers that I planted a while back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the clock that I wrote about. It doesn't look like much but it has a very pretty chime. The name plaque on top of it is not a part of it. I just put it there to dress it up a little.

Photobucket

This is the tote bag that I wrote about. It's made from plastic bags from Wal-Mart.

Photobucket

This is me in the sweater that I finished yesterday. Started a new one today.

Photobucket

This is a close up of the sweater pattern. The color isn't accurate, it's really a dark burgundy.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Daisy said...

SM, I just want to give you one great big hug! It sounds like you are going through a tough time in SS.
That crocheted bag is so neat! I've heard of people making them before, but I've never seen one with my eyes.

And you did a beautiful job on your sweater!!

Those flowers are so pretty too. I planted pink petunia's this year. I love flowers!

Daisy said...

I also wanted to mention how kind and compassionate your vet was! That is so sweet what he did!

Aunt Jo said...

I really like the sweater pattern.

I finally frogged the one I was working on and rolled it into a ball. I'll try again later.

Jules said...

The sweater looks lovely. I love the pattern. I understand that it's been difficult for you to know what to do re Sunday School. And when there's personality clashes that's really hard too.

However I think sometimes we get bogged down wondering what God's 'will' is when He's already told us in His Word what He expects of us. I suspect that God's more interested in whether or not we live holy lives than in what church we attend or what friends we have. I admit that sometimes we do experience an unrest about some things which is a sign not to go that route, but other times I don't think it's quite as important what choice we make. What is important is that we live Christ-like lives in all that we do.

If God has given you a love for these children and to teach them, then perhaps the oppostion you're experiencing isn't because you're in the wrong place but because you're in the right place and doing a good job!

Blessings, Jules

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with the Sunday School situation. That can be really frustrating. I hope you will know soon what you are supposed to do.

What a wonderful vet you had! That is so sweet that he was so compassionate and loving.

I love your sweater! Oh SM, I wish I lived near you so you could teach me how to knit a sweater :). It looks beautiful!

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks Jen for your comments!