Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gorgeous Day

If you want great weather then Oklahoma is the place to be. The last several days have been wonderful. Clear air, blue skies, just a little wind, cool temps. Yeah I know, winter is coming. But then I like cold weather. By next spring though I'll be griping about being cold. By next fall I'll be griping about being hot. It never ends.



They hired a new guy at work. It is on a temporary basis to see if the budget can handle it. His main job will be to strip and wax floors and shampoo carpets. I wonder if he knows that. He can't seem to hang onto jobs, he's been through several in the short time that I've known him. The key is getting along with our supervisor. As long as you agree with everything he says you'll be OK. He (the supervisor) amazes me. He has to have everything his way and if he doesn't get his way he throws tantrums. I've never seen a grown man throw such tantrums before and he claims to be a Christian. I have to keep reminding myself, we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and so on. Flesh and blood can sure be annoying though.



Sassy is a very strong and healthy little pooch and I want to keep it that way. Since dog food is all that she eats I want to make sure I get the best that I can. There's a new pet shop in town and they have a food that is manufactured in Chickasha. It doesn't have any ingredients from China and has never been recalled for anything. So I got a bag of puppy food for Sassy. She's 10 months old and still a puppy. When she is 1 year old I'll switch her (gradually) over to the adult version. Right now she's taking a nap. She wouldn't let me take a nap when I wanted too, she wanted to play, play, play.



I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it on this vegetarian diet. I love beans but they sure don't like me and the Beano isn't helping any. DH wants to go vegetarian because he thinks it will help him lose weight but he's not a great meat eater anyway. I think it's not what you eat but how much that really counts. I'm thinking about getting some lean meat and cooking it separately that way he can have his vegetarian stuff and I can add some meat to the vegetarian stuff for me.

Photo of the day, I don't know if I posted this one of Sassy before, but if I did, here it is again.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Annie said...

I bet the library has a lot of vegetarian cook books that have bean-free recipes. Years ago, I had a neighbor who was vegetarian. She made the best Lasagna al Pesto! There's a similar recipe here: http://www.recipezaar.com/298782
except Barb made her pesto from scratch.

Definitely NOT diet food!

Anonymous said...

I din't know if this is of any interest to you, but since my uncle is a vet I know a couple of things about dog food, and I wouldn't recommend feeding puppy food after the sixth month even if the companies tell you to... Make sure the food contains a lot of meat and good animal protein and not too much corn and stuff. Also check the label and make sure that the amount of crude protein is ok for your cutie. I have a list here written by an American vet that helps you to determine whether a dog food is good or bad. If you are interested, let me know, and I'll e-mail it to you or post it at Daisy's if you don't want mail contact.
Kati

Unknown said...

We did the vegetarian diet for awhile too. The beans were not our biggest fans either! Without beans, it is hard to get enough protein. I stopped eating beans, and started looking so pale and my hair was all dry that I finally gave up and started eating meat. For those who can eat beans, vegetarian can be a great way to go. I'm just not able to eat beans every day!

Little Sassy is such a cutie! She sounds like a fun puppy too :).

SchnauzerMom said...

I'm not sure about the bean thing yet, we'll see.

kati, go ahead and email that list to me. Thanks for the information. I got her a whole bag of puppy food now so I'll go ahead and feed it to her.