Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I almost forgot that it was Thursday. I'm thankful for our home. It's a "trailer house" but I love it and have plans for it as soon as we get rich. lol

Another gorgeous day today, it got up to around 80 degrees, cloudless sky and a light wind. We could use some rain though. The dry season is starting, I just hope we don't have a lot of wildfires like we did a couple of years ago. The volunteer fire departments around here were worn completely out.

We took Sassy to the Prairie Dog Park. That was Scruffy's favorite place and it looks like it was a hit with Sassy too. She tried her best to catch a prairie dog, if only I would let her off the leash. No way, she'd take off and we would never catch up with her.

We did a little housework today. I dusted the bedroom and kitchen and DH vacuumed the whole house.

I took Sassy for another long walk around the neighborhood. Our trailer park is laid out in 3 circles. The inner circle is where the office and the swimming pool are. The 2nd circle is where we live and then there is the outer circle which is about 7/8 of a mile around. DH measured it one time because he was thinking of taking up jogging. I walked Sassy on the outer rim. There is one yard that I'm a little concerned about because the largest dog there is capable of jumping the fence if he was really motivated. I carried Sassy past that yard and he didn't bark or jump up at all, he looked bored and walked away. I guess people don't excite him, just other dogs and he couldn't tell that I was carrying a dog. Sassy is worn out. She normally takes two long naps each day. One in the morning while we're at work and then again in the afternoon. We come home for lunch and she goes for a walk then. Her schedule gets messed up on Thursdays.

Photos of the day, I like the way the sun is shining through the leaves of this tree.

Sassy with her tongue hanging out after trying to catch prairie dogs.


2 comments:

Annie said...

A friend gave us a hunk of deer that had been frozen for a while. It spent three days in the smoker before it was finally tender enough to eat!

Unknown said...

It is a beautiful day here too. A little warmer than it has been lately. I love the picture of Sassy with her tongue hanging out :). She looks like she is really concentrating on the prairie dogs :).