Another gorgeous day, too bad I had to work all day. It would have been nice to go out to the Refuge. Especially since the gas prices have gone down so much. The weather is supposed to get cold in the next day or so. The leaves are starting to change on some of the trees. Allergies are calming down a little, a very little.
Sassy has finally calmed down. She was running as hard as she could around and around the living room. We just got back from a walk. We were attacked by a neighbor's dog. A big boxer, she didn't do any harm because I picked Sassy up and kept her out of reach. The neighbor claimed that the dog wouldn't have done any harm but when you see something that big heading straight for you, you don't take any chances. The people were out in their front yard and the dog was loose. It irritates me that people let their dogs run loose when they can't control them. The dog wouldn't come when they called and their daughter had to chase her all over the neighborhood. Sassy and I managed to complete our walk without any further complications.
I bought a bag of puppy food for Sassy the other day and afterward found out that it really isn't necessary for dogs over 6 months to have puppy food. I'm not throwing it out though unless it doesn't agree with her. I'll let her finish it and then transition her over to adult food.
I wasn't vegetarian today. I had a beef enchilada. There was a pastor's conference today and they had leftovers so we took some home. Good stuff. What can I say, I'm a carnivore. Grrr! Maybe I'll just be semi-vegetarian.
Photo of the day, another Sassy photo.
5 comments:
I don't think that one last bag of puppy food will do any harm. After all, Sassy is a small dog. I would feed it and use the time to find THE perfect food for Sassy. Frieda gets Platinum at the moment, a softish kibble with only organic ingredients and 70% chicken meat. No nasties in there, either. I don't know if it's available in the US, but if it is, I can really recommend it.
Kati
This is some interesting information for when you consider your next bag of dog food:
http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/ratingpetfood.htm
When I took my cats off Science Diet and put them on a less junky food, they tossed their kibbles a lot. I had to transition them slowly. They couldn't tolerate going from a lot of filler to a better food without some tummy adjustment time.
Lol - "semi-vegetarian"... that's what I am! I want to be vegetarian, but Mike likes meat too much. Not so much read meat because we never have that at home (I don't eat it at all), but chicken and fish and shrimp and stuff we both like. I could never make him eat 100% vegetarian unless he wanted to. I admire your husband; if mine wanted to go that direction, I could for sure.
I'm glad you picked up Sassy. A friend here at work was walking her dog last week and another bigger dog attacked it. She had to take him to the vet. He was okay, but it could've been worse! Dogs aren't allowed to run loose here, but irresponsible people do it all the time. It makes me so mad!
I think DH is about to give up on the vegetarian thing too. We bought a cooked chicken from Walmart and each ate a wing and a leg. Carnivores, grrr.
Can you be semi-vegetarian :)? Is that like being sortof pregnant? Lol!
Such a cute picture of Sassy!
Post a Comment