Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for little dogs even if they like to chew up things. I'm thankful that DH didn't skin the little dog alive for destroying his book.

Weather report: it was warmer earlier in the day with the wind out of the South but now the wind is from the North and it's chilly. Good cocoa weather, made with Splenda not sugar.

I finally got up enough energy to put the backing and batting together with the blocks on one of my pillow quilts. I'll start handing quilting each block pretty soon. I think when I get done surfing the Net I'll work some more on my sweater.

We decided that Thursdays, our day off, will be the day that we can indulge in a treat of some kind. Either a trip to Braum's or eating out. We had a coupon for Furr's Cafeteria for lunch. I had chocolate pie for dessert. I think that if we can have a goodie once a week then we will be able to resist temptation the rest of the time.

Sassy had her nails done today. The groomer at the pet shop clipped them in just a short while. I used to clip Scruffy's but it made me nervous because her nails were black and I couldn't see where the quick was. Sassy's are black too so I decided to let the professionals take care of it. It only cost $3. The groomer said that Sassy probably wouldn't need professional grooming unless we just want a fancy cut on her. Her hair is not the kind that gets matted, all I need to do is brush her regularly which is what I've been doing. I guess Sassy hasn't ridden in a car very much. She is just now starting to get the courage to jump into it but she still doesn't have the nerve to jump out.

DH and I both got new shoes today. I've learned something, took me a couple of years to learn it. When the feet are hurting unusually bad then it's time to toss the old shoes in the dumpster and get new. My feet feel great in these shoes, except for the big toes which hurt all the time no matter what kind of shoes I'm wearing. I'll keep that in mind, toss the old shoes before the feet are suffering too much.

Photo of the day, DH rubbing Sassy's belly. He looks like he's in a bad mood but he really wasn't. I just took him by surprise.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Sassy is loving her new house :)! I'm so glad she is fitting so well into your family!

Annie said...

I would take my first Yorkie to the groomer and he'd come home with red nails! I thought it was cute.

SchnauzerMom said...

DH would have a fit if Sassy came home with red nails, lol.