Monday, October 6, 2008

Rain

It rained pretty good last night and then this afternoon we had a severe thunderstorm. They didn't blow the sirens until the storm had almost passed over us. It started with pea sized hail and progressed up to golf ball size. I haven't seen golf ball size hail in a long time. This all happened while DH and I were at work. We stood at the door and watched it. We got a lot of nice rain out of the deal and I don't think the hail did a lot of damage just knocked some leaves and small branches off some trees.

Apparently Sassy isn't afraid of storms because when we got home she was on the couch taking a nap. That's good. She's having a good time with the rope squirrel that I got her the other day. I'm not sure how long it's gonna last at this rate.

I finally decided to spend a little more money on shampoo and conditioner. I've always been a tightwad but the cheap shampoo is drying my hair out too much. I bought some Aussie shampoo and conditioner. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Photo of the day, this is a view of the storm that passed over us earlier.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! I love storm clouds. They make such great photos.

We had rain off and on most of the day, but nothing like you had!

Jules said...

Wow what incredible clouds. We had heavy rain yesterday and several of our new vege seedlings are now looking very sad. Glad that Sassy's settling in well.