Whenever I feel stressed the best way to relax is to draw or painting. I don't do it nearly often enough. I was thinking last night that all my drawings and paintings will probably end up in the trash or at the least at Goodwill after I pass away. At first that bothered me but then very few artists actually become famous and their work collected. Most probably end up in the attic. I don't do it to become famous anyway, I do it because it seems to be an inborn need. Actually a God given talent.
We went out on Fort Sill to LETRA (Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area). We've never been there and wanted to see it. It's a pretty small area. I thought it was much bigger. We've seen it from the top of Mt. Scott and it's usually crowded in the Summer. The drive there was very pretty and it's a great place, nice and neat and cared for. Of course it has to be since it's on the base. We took lots of photos that I'll share over the next few days. Sassy rode along and got a chance to experience new sights and smells. Wore her out though, she didn't get all her naps in. She's napping next to me right now.
I'm beginning to think that believers in Christ are going to have to change their names. Christian has lost it's original meaning. It's just a religion now. There are people who claim to be Christian who don't believe in the infallible word of God, the virgin birth of Christ, that Christ is God, that He rose from the dead, that we need to tell the whole world about Him. A Christian is supposed to the a disciple of Christ. I'm not the disciple of some nice man who lived a good life long ago. I'm a disciple of God Himself, the Creator of the universe. In order to be a Christian you have to be evangelical and fundamental because that's what Christ requires of us. Those who aren't are just playing at Christianity.
Photos of the day, a view of LETRA.

A view of Mt. Scott looking North.
2 comments:
You're right about how there are those that detract from what it means to be a Christian by calling themselves 'Christian' but not fully living that way. Recently I read that we need to drop the term 'Fundamentalist' in relation to Christianity because it has negative connotations. "Bible-believing Christian" was suggested instead. But isn't that what we all should be anyway?
Love your photos.
I agree that many call themselves Christian, and don't act anything like Christ. I don't even like saying I'm a "Christian" anymore because it seems like everyone says they are. I've been saying I'm a follower of Christ, or a believer in Jesus, or a born-again Christian, instead of just saying I am a Christian. The term Christian has been used WAY too loosely in my opinion.
You photos are so beautiful. You have such pretty scenery where you are.
Post a Comment