Sunday, November 23, 2008

Survival

We had our big Thanksgiving Dinner at church today and it was a great success. Over 600 people bought tickets and I think most of them showed up. It was catered by End O Main in Watonga. The food was excellent. Cleaning up afterward was exhausting but we had lots of help. We have to work tomorrow and then we have the rest of the week off.

Sassy got bored while we were gone and shredded part of the newspaper. At least she didn't destroy the part that I hadn't read yet. DH was rubbing her belly a little while ago and now she is chewing on one of her toys. We're not going to put up our big Christmas tree this year because we don't trust Sassy. She'll destroy it while we're at work. We'll get a little one from Hobby Lobby and put it up out of reach.

I found several gluten free pie crust recipes. When I try them out, if they're successful I'll post them here. At least I'll post the one that turned out good.

Photo of the day, another re-run, but I like re-runs.

Photobucket

And My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow! That's quite a turn out!

Good thinking about the Christmas tree!

April said...

Do please post any successful wheat-free pie crusts! I've not tried any yet, but sure would like to find a good one. You can be the tester! :)