Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baking Bags

are wonderful things. My turkey turned out moist with a nice crispy brown crust. I think from now on that's how I'll cook turkeys. It got done in 2 and a half hours at 350 degrees. I'll portion it out and put some in the freezer. We love turkey year round. We're going to my mom's for Thanksgiving and she is preparing everything (nothing gluten free). She usually gets offended if I offer to bring anything. I'll just eat what I can and make gluten free stuff to eat at home later.

I'm coming down with a cold, nothing serious just enough to feel icky. What a way to spend time off. I prefer to time my sicknesses when I can take off from work. Didn't happen this time.

I did get to sleep almost to 7:00 this morning before Sassy had to go out to pee. Afterwards I laid down on the couch for a while. We ate breakfast out and then went to Walmart to do our usual weekly shopping. The place was a mad house. I hate to think what it'll be like tomorrow.

The weather was gorgeous today, warm with a little wind from the South. Personally I would like to see some rain but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a gluten free cherry pie. I'm going to try one of the recipes that I found on the Internet.

Photo of the day, another rerun.

Photobucket

And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
Job 19:25

4 comments:

Annie said...

Pretty photo! I don't remember seeing that one.

I'm eating dinner where the cook forgets to put things away and they sit on the counter for days on end before finally getting back into the fridge. Needless to say, we're all apprehensive.

Daisy said...

We always have success with the cooking bags too SM. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

April said...

It was a madhouse here too yesterday! I hate shopping when the stores are crowded, but fortunately I went early and got it over with before the after-work crowd hit. Phew! Still crowded though.

I hope your cold doesn't take hold and you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving at your mothers. :)

Unknown said...

I love those oven bags too. My turkey is in one right now in the oven! I hope you feel better from your cold. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!