Cold and windy today. A very brisk wind from the North out there. The worst part is having to walk the pooch. It takes her forever to find the right place to dump a load. I need to walk her over and get the mail and haul some trash to the dumpster.
I made a Shepherd's Pie with venison and I baked chocolate chip-oatmeal-peanut butter cookies. Good stuff! I was going to make an apple pie but my back was giving out on me so I think I'll either do it later or maybe tomorrow.
I bought a turkey today at Walmart. It takes days for the things to thaw out so I decided to get it now instead of waiting until later. I have one of those baking bags that I'm going to cook it in. They stay moist better in those things. Don't like dried out turkey.
Sassy has a little trouble with her innards. There's nothing wrong with her food, it's a good food but she's had so many changes in her short life that it takes time for things to calm down. I went to the vet's office for advice and the girls in there were woefully ignorant. They just sat there for a while and then one asked me to repeat the question. They tired to unload Science Diet food on me (I knew that would happen). Science Diet is mostly cheap grains. So I went to the pet shop where I buy Sassy's food. The guy there recommended adding some white rice to her food for about a week. That will help her innards to calm down. I've heard that before and I think it will work. She ate it today with no problem.
Photo of the day, I know this photo has probably been posted before but it has been a while. I need to get out and take some new ones.

Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
Deuteronomy 6:4,5
3 comments:
Your shepherds pie and cookies sounded yummy. Are you still doing gluten free? I wasn't sure if you were or not. I haven't tried making gluten free cookies yet. I've done cakes, but no cookies, so I was curious if you made your cookies gluten free.
I'm thankful for my job, too (even if I don't like it!).
I think vets get kickbacks from Science Diet to promote that food. I bought Pooty some Solid Gold food even though he's supposed to be on SD prescription food. He can eat more for less calories, and it isn't full of junk.
Kathryn, do the cooking bags really make a lot of difference?! I've never tried one before, but if it keeps the white meat on the turkey from getting dry, I think I'll try it!
Post a Comment