Monday, November 17, 2008

Chilly

The wind turned to the North today and it's getting pretty chilly out there. Still gorgeous weather though. I hope the weather is good Sunday because that's the day that my church has it's Thanksgiving Dinner in our new Fellowship Hall. The Fellowship Hall isn't really finished yet, I don't think we'll have heat. There will be over 600 people there, we'll keep each other warm. The meal is being catered by a company called End O Main from Watonga (I think). They have catered several of our dinners. They fix good meals. I'm not looking forward to all the work involved in setting it up and tearing it all down. But we'll have lots of help. We only have to work on Monday next week, the rest of the week we'll have off, whoo hoo!

My ear is feeling a lot better. Maybe the ear drops helped after all. It's still tender and it itches a little inside.

I finished my multi-colored sweater. Now I think I'll concentrate on my quilt.

What will we do during our time off? Sleep as late as possible. Maybe do some housework. After Thanksgiving we'll decorate for Christmas. We have a bunch of Christmas movies that we like to watch every year. We'll start on them.

Photo of the day, my sweater. Before he took the photo DH said, "are you going to smile or what?"

Photobucket

The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

5 comments:

Jules said...

Good job on the sweater. That should keep you warm when the colder weather comes.

I've noticed that you've started putting a Scripture verse at the end of your posts. I like that idea.

Unknown said...

I love your sweater! I wish I knew how to knit sweaters. I gave up on the one I was trying to make. I had no clue what I was doing. You do such a great job with your sweaters!

Daisy said...

Glad your ear is feeling better, I know all to well what ear infections are like. Good luck sleeping in SM! ;O)

Annie said...

Oooh! I love the sweater!

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks!