Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sassy

She does not like children, she growls and barks at them. This may be why she ended up at the pound. I have a theory about this. I think someone got her as a puppy and brought her home to their kids. The kids were not taught how to treat animals so they teased her and treated her like a stuffed toy. Naturally she defended herself. Then either mom or dad loaded her into the car and dumped her out somewhere. Fortunately the animal control people picked her up before she was hit by a car. I don't know how long she was at the pound before we got her. I think they keep strays for 72 hours and then make them available for adoption. She was covered with fleas and ticks when we got her. She gets along well with other dogs. There's a little dog in our neighborhood named Lola who got out and was wandering around today. She and Sassy played and played, as much as they could with Sassy still on the leash. I walked (as well as I could with 2 dogs playing) back to Lola's house. Her "mom" was out looking for her. Maybe someday we can afford a playmate for Sassy.

It's pretty chilly today with the wind out of the South. Too windy to wear my hat while I was out walking the pooch. But still a beautiful day, blue sky, lots of birds singing.

DH thinks I should go to the doctor about my feet and he's probably right. It would cost a couple hundred dollars or more though. But pain 24/7 is getting really old.

Photo of the day, I just know you're dying to see another Sassy picture.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That makes sense about Sassy. Some dogs just aren't very good with children. Some breeds especially. We had a Schnauzer growing up, and the breeder actually told my dad that they were not good with small children. We were a bit older, so it was okay. People really need to do research if they have small children and want to get a dog. Otherwise the dog could end up being sent to the pound. Thankfully you gave Sassy a good home!