Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday

That's the best I could come up with for a title. Very chilly today, I had to wear 3 layers to stay warm enough while walking Sassy. Speaking of Sassy, the rice seems to have given her diahreaah. She has had rice 2 days now. I think tomorrow I'll take her off of it and see if it makes a difference. It could just be a coincidence, maybe she is coming down with something. I don't think she's getting sick, she acts happy and cheerful enough.

The baking bag worked really well the last time I used one. It kept the turkey nice and moist.

The cookies that I made are gluten free. I got back on the gluten free diet a couple of days ago. I just feel better on it. I do have a hard time staying on it but I refuse to give up. Last year I was gluten free for 5 or 6 months. My cholesterol went down, my joints didn't ache so much and my stomach was calm. Lots of reasons to get back on it and stay. So I'm stubborn, OK?

At work we're getting ready for the big Thanksgiving Dinner on Sunday, feeding over 600 folks. It will be quite a big deal. I think everything will go well.

Photo of the day, another fall like day, taken last year.

Photobucket

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.
Numbers 6:24-26

4 comments:

Annie said...

I've cooked brown rice in broth for my babies when they're sick. Has she had trouble ever since you got her? She could have picked up something at the pound, like coccidia. Some meddies might make her feel better. My kitties have bouts of tummy trouble, most certainly because there are so darned many of them!!!!

SchnauzerMom said...

Yes she had it ever since we got her. She's been to the vet and they didn't find anything wrong. So I guess maybe her innards will settle down soon.

Daisy said...

I hope that Sassy does get better soon! It's been real cold here too.

I hear ya about being stubborn when it comes to food. It's hard to watch what you eat sometimes ... there's so much temptation around ... this I know!

Unknown said...

I hope Sassy feels better soon. It is no fun having tummy troubles :(.

Wow, that is amazing that gluten free for you even made your cholesterol go down! I haven't ever heard of that side benefit before!. I am going to try a new recipe on Thanksgiving...gluten free stuffing. It is a crock pot recipe, and I am going to make one batch for my daughter and I. I'm going to make the regular stuff for the rest of the family. I hope it turns out well!