Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day Off

Well I did get to sleep until 6:45, Sassy just HAD to go out. It was chilly and foggy this morning when I took her out. It turned out to be a gorgeous day though, North wind, blue skies, very few clouds, a little chilly.

We decided to go riding around, don't need a lot of money for that especially with the gas prices so low right now. I hope they keep going down. We went East to take pictures of the lakes near Duncan. They were very pretty lakes, actually the whole country was really pretty, rolling hills, lots of trees and fields. We missed most of the color though, there were still a few yellow trees but a lot of trees had already lost their leaves. We wore Sassy out, she didn't get all her naps in. But then DH didn't get his naps in either.

I'll post photos of each lake on different days. The first photos are of Lake Humphreys and areas around it.

I liked this tree, it looked like a sculpture.

Photobucket

The next three are of Humphreys Lake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the trees that still had leaves.

Photobucket

The following 2 photos are of DH and me taking pictures of each other. Poor Sassy has no privacy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were several houses around the lake and in the yard of one of them we saw 3 deer. At first they looked like those statues that people put in their yards but then it moved!

Photobucket

And finally a photo of Sassy near the lake's edge.

Photobucket

Tomorrow I'll post photos of the next lake. Needless to say I didn't get any reading done.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh, poor Sassy! :P

The sculpture tree looked like a dinosaur was poking his head in between the branches.