Sunday, December 28, 2008

Beautiful Day

Sometimes it's really hard to come up with titles. We did have a beautiful day today, a little chilly but lots of sunshine.

We had Sunday School and Church this morning but not this evening. There are no services for the rest of the week due to the New Year's holiday. We have to work Monday and Tuesday then have the rest of the week off. I'm so used to not working that it's going to be tough to go back to work tomorrow.

We went out to the Refuge today to take a few photos, play with Christmas presents. DH bought a new camera for me, my other one, which isn't very old, didn't have a viewfinder and the batteries didn't last very long. The new one has a viewfinder and the battery lasts a long time! I got DH a camcorder. He wants to make movies and edit them in Photo shop. We took Sassy along she did really well in the car this time. The other day when we took her out she barfed in the back seat. I'm not sure if it's motion sickness or just fear of riding in the car. Looks like if it was motion sickness it would happen every time and it doesn't.

The rum cake tastes better and better the longer it sits. Of course it's all gone now. I have enough rum to make another one but I'm out of sugar so it'll have to wait until I can get some.

I don't make New Year's resolutions because I never keep them. But I have been thinking about goals. There are things that I would like to do, to accomplish but in the past I haven't been able to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve the goals. I keep thinking about the kids who work so hard to get to the Olympics. They make sacrifices, they do without one thing so that they can have another. So I have laid out some goals for myself. Some of them will take longer than a year which is why I'm not calling them New Year's resolutions. I understand that I can't have everything, that I have to make choices. So here goes:
1. Lose weight and keep it off.
2. Stay with the gluten free diet, don't assume that I don't need to be on it once I start feeling better.
3. Grow my hair out, (I really want long hair) this will take several years, of course.
4. Start and stay with a Bible study and prayer time every day.
These things will require a certain amount of sacrifice. Like I said, I can't have everything.

Photo of the day, Sassy eating dinner.

Photobucket

For a thousand years in Thy sight are like yesterday when it passes by, or as a watch in the night.
Psalm 90:4

3 comments:

Daisy said...

I really like the idea of goals! It's something to really work hard towards! I'll be posting my 'goals' soon too!

Unknown said...

That is such a good list of goals! I like your idea of setting goals rather than doing the New Year's resolution thing. Goals sound like something that is way less flippant, and more of something to work towards.

Annie said...

I need those goals, too! I told Hubby yesterday that party time was over, no more junk binges. He's done better today than I have.

I have come to realize that I'm fairly selfish and lazy, and I need to work on that, too!