Monday, December 1, 2008

Back to Work

The funeral was big but they didn't have anywhere near 200 for the dinner. Better safe than sorry though.

Saturday is going to be very busy, a men's breakfast in the morning, Japanese class fellowship in the afternoon and then the choir is presenting special music in the evening. Whew, I'm glad we're on vacation next week. This is a very busy time of the year with all the parties. We don't have to attend all of them, just lock up after them and clean up after them.

Very chilly today with the wind still out of the North.

Last night my brother gave us a Christmas present, money. My favorite present. We can buy whatever we want that way instead of getting something that we will have to take back because of being the wrong size or whatever. I have no idea what I want to get though.

I put a venison roast in the crock-pot and now I need to do something with it. I think I'll make stew with part of it and save the rest for sandwiches or whatever.

We are in the process of watching our Christmas movies. White Christmas is playing right now. Sassy keeps trying to step in the middle of my keyboard.

Photo of the day, more Fall trees.

Photobucket

The Lord lives and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of my salvation.
Psalm 18:46

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Aww, I hope that you feel better soon! You sure are busy SM! I hope you find something nice to buy with your money!

Annie said...

I enjoy the Christmas movies, too. We always watch the Ralphie marathon on Christmas Day.

Take care and don't get sick again!

April said...

I love the Christmas movies! I saw The Bishop's Wife this past weekend with Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Niven.

I'm gearing up to go off wheat again too. I feel okay, but it really bloats me up and I've gained some weight. I'll probably start after the holidays though... too much temptation here at work - that always ends up on my desk!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are having a very busy Christmas season! I hope you are feeling better!