Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

I haven't been to a New Year's Eve party in about 20 years. We usually are asleep when the new year comes in. Of course the neighbor's tend to shoot off fireworks and that can make sleeping difficult. 2008 was a good year and I expect that 2009 will be too. I can expect that because I'm not in charge the Lord is. If I was in charge we would be in big trouble. The only bad thing that happened in 2008 was the death of Scruffy. But we found Sassy so that helped ease the pain.

Weather report: cold and windy but not as bad as it could have been. Venus is very bright in the sky and looked gorgeous near the crescent moon.

Hair news: I should have washed it but decided to wait another day.

We went out to eat for breakfast, that's the main reason I didn't wash my hair. Didn't want to go out in the cold with wet hair.

I got a new rice cooker at Wally World. I love rice and I want to try different kinds. I like the black and mahogany rice even if DH didn't.

We took down the Christmas decorations and I organized everything. Put all the snowmen and Santa stuff together and the nativity and angels together. We also have several Star Trek ornaments. We didn't have as much stuff as I thought we did. We do have tons of lights, 3 big boxes full. Why I don't know.

DH vacuumed the whole house and I dusted the bedroom and living room. I'll dust the rest another day.

Photo of the day, more Refuge. I love the wide open spaces. I can see why this place was sacred to the Indians.

Photobucket

Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth. Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyfull singing. Know that the Lord Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100

2 comments:

Annie said...

Happy New Year!

I seem to have boxes of lights, and usually add a string or two every year. I love a well-lit tree!

SchnauzerMom said...

DH is the light addict. He always wants to buy more and I tell him we have tons of them already.