Last night my church had a special Christmas Eve candlelight service. A lot of people were there, it was very beautiful. Yesterday afternoon we went to visit DH's parents. His niece and her husband were there too. We brought Sassy along just to see how well she gets along with other dogs. FIL has 2 dogs and niece has 2 dogs. Sassy was thrilled, she wanted to play and play. One of the older dogs kept trying to calm her down but the younger ones just played with her. We've decided that since she is dog friendly (Scruffy wasn't) we'll get another dog as a playmate for her. They can keep each other company while we're gone. After church last night we watched Prince Caspian. It's a great movie. I hope they make the other Narnia stories into movies too.
Today we went to my mom and brother's house. Mom's cooking ability isn't as good as it used to be. She baked ham and a duck and the duck wasn't ready. When I started carving it the juices were running red. So I put it back in the oven for another 30 minutes. The meal was pretty good anyway. Next year I'm going to see if she wouldn't mind if DH and I cook the meal. She might get offended, but it doesn't hurt to ask. We brought Sassy along, no other dogs there. Mom gave her a bunch of ham and duck and now she's got gas and diarrhea. I've asked mom not to do that but she does anyway. Sassy will get over it eventually.
Last night I baked a gluten free rum cake. I haven't made a rum cake in over 20 years. It came out pretty good. It tastes a little different because of the gluten free flour but it's still good.
Photo of the day, one of the buildings at Quartz Mt. State Park. They have art camps in the summer.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.
Luke 2:14
2 comments:
Perhaps you could offer to cook the main meat dish and say something to your Mom like you don't want her to have to do all the work. I cooked all our Christmas dinner apart from the turkey which my MIL does every year. I wouldn't have had any room in the oven for it anyway, and it saves me so much trouble that she does it and just brings it to my home all ready to be carved and served up. Sounds as if you had a good Christmas Day.
That's a good idea, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment