Monday, December 29, 2008

Pooped

I got used to not working and working all day today has worn me out. We'll work tomorrow and then we have the rest of the week off, yay! I got used to sleeping in every day. Going back to the normal routine next week will be rough.

I got some black and mahogany rice at the health food store. I have never heard of such a thing and it looked interesting. I'm cooking it right now. Unfortunately my rice cooker bit the dust so I have to cook it on the stove. If I had known the rice cooker was dying I could have bought a new one with my Christmas money. Now I'll have to use my own money, nuts. I'm going to mix turkey and veggies with the rice. I think it'll be good stuff.

I need to move my cactus, they are becoming a hazard. They are getting to close to the walkway. I broke off one last summer because DH got thorns in his leg. The other day I got thorns in my purse. I have a good place to move them too. I just need to light a fire under DH.

Gorgeous weather today, near 70 degrees, what a Winter.

My hair has grown enough now that it no longer looks like a pixie. Hang in there.

DH wanted me to post this on my blog, I like it too. "God hears no more than the heart speaks; and if the heart is dumb, God will certainly be deaf." Thomas Brooks

Photo of the day, DH and Sassy bonding. Sassy just hates to have her belly rubbed, you can see how desperately she wants to get away.

Photobucket

For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, lest you strike your foot against a stone.
Psalm 92:11-12

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet your hair is looking lovely :)! You can do it SchauzerMom!

That photo of your hubby and Sassy is so cute! She is looking up at him like, "Do I have to do this?"

Annie said...

Shame on Hubby for torturing that poor puppy! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Schnauzermom, I found your blog via the longhairloom and read it quite a while. For me it is always heart-warming to read. The quotation of Thomas Brooks is wonderful. It really inspires me.
Thank you, Schnauzermom!