Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my church family! DH and I went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. We were going to spend some of our Christmas money so we got a pretty pricey meal. DH got sirloin steak and I got trout. I was going to get steak but I haven't had trout in years and I love the stuff. Anyway it would have been over $20 but some friends from church were there and they paid for our lunch. We didn't know about it until after they left and the waitress came over and told us. It totally blew us away. We saw them sitting there and we waved and said hi and they waved and then we all went back to our meals. So now we still have Christmas money to spend on something else.

We have decided to confine Sassy to the living room/kitchen area while we're away at work. That space is pretty much puppy proof (I think). She also got several more toys today. She's been playing with them all evening. I've also started walking her farther (even though it is COLD out there).

One of our neighbors has decorated his house to the hilt for Christmas. He made a big deal out of Halloween and I was wondering what Christmas was going to be like. Well he pretty much lights up the neighborhood. That's OK I like Christmas lights. We don't have to pay the electric bill, ha, ha.

We had to get DH's mother something else for Christmas since he decided to take her gift for himself. We got her one of those blanket wrap things that you can zip yourself into while watching TV. But she doesn't seem to be the cold natured type. When we go over there she is sitting around in her nightgown and robe. DH on the other hand is always cold so the wrap thing suits him. We got her 2 nightgowns. I've finally decided on what I want DH to get me, at least one thing anyway. The Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, notebook style so that it stays open. I have a paperback version but I have to hold it open with 2 rubber bands. I started to get it today with my Christmas money from my brother but I think I'll let DH get it instead.

Photo of the day, one more tree picture. This one was a deep burgundy color, I think it's an oak tree. Could be wrong though.

Photobucket

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to meditate in His temple.
Psalm 27:4

2 comments:

Annie said...

Phooey! I forgot Thursday again. I swear, that day comes and goes without ever being noticed.

Unknown said...

I have that Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and I love it! The notebook style is great because it doesn't fall shut. I hope you have fun spending your Christmas money :).