I had a nice day off. DH and I went to Walmart early in the day before the crazies got there and had a non stressful time shopping. Later we went to Kmart which is never crowded. The prices are a little higher but sometimes it's worth it just to avoid the crowds at Walmart. We went to the health food store and got some gluten free pasta, flour and snacks. I fell off the gluten free diet for a while but now I'm back on it. Stomach already feels better and it's just been one day.
We went to Hobby Lobby mostly to just look around. They had jewelry findings and metal beads on sale so I bought a few things. DH bought a small nativity scene to add to our collection. We have a collection of nativities and a collection of snowmen. The snowmen collection is unintentional, people just kept giving us snowmen.
I don't think DH's toe is broken after all. I think he just bruised it because it's not as swollen or bruised looking today, still hurts though.
We ate breakfast at Wayne's Drive Inn and lunch at Hong Kong Buffet. We had never been to Hong Kong Buffet. There's a lot of variety there, definitely a place that we will return too. We were going to take DH's parents out to lunch because tomorrow is his mother's birthday. But his mom is sick so we didn't go with them. I don't know if she's really sick or not, she really doesn't like to go out in public very much. She suffers from depression and doesn't take her medication like she should. We bought flowers for her instead.
Photo of the day, another photo from Quartz Mt State Park, nice sandy beach.

My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.
Psalm 62:1,2
No comments:
Post a Comment