There's a strong wind out of the South today. For a while there it looked like it might rain but that's all gone now. The temp is in the lower 60's and tomorrow it's supposed to get into the 70's. After that we have a chance of some winter weather. The northern part of the state usually gets the snow and ice. We're lucky if we get even a little moisture. Oh well.
I didn't make turkey fajitas, I made a stir fry with brown rice instead. Good stuff. I have one venison roast left. I think I'll put it in the crock pot and then make fajitas out of it. We've been eating out a lot lately and believe it or not I'm actually getting tired of it. Time to cook again. The health food store has buffalo, I'd like to try some of that, maybe the ground (hamburger) variety.
DH loves fruitcake but I hate it. But, my new cookbook has a recipe that looks pretty good. I might just try it. Of course it means going to Walmart to get the ingredients. I should have written down what I need earlier and I could have gotten it when I was there to get my yarn. I think I'd like to make some fudge too. I haven't made fudge in years.
Photo of the day, weird looking tree roots that we saw at Quartz Mt State Park. It is in very sandy soil and it looks like water has washed a lot of soil away from the roots. The tree was still alive though.

Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10
5 comments:
I love the variegated yarns. I have some tan/burgundy/hunter green that I think is so pretty. Too bad I'm all thumbs with a crochet hook!
I'm not a great big fruit cake eater either ... but I do like to have a slice or two once a year!
I have the hardest time picking our yarns; there are too many that tempt me. I bought some the other day to make a scarf and it took me at least 30 minutes to make up my mind. I ended up getting a solid kind of gnarly yarn for the scarf and another variegated, loopy looking type for something I want to make for myself. There are just too many pretty ones to choose from. :)
Variegated yarn is my favorite stuff. I found some that I love that is super soft. I am hoping to make an afghan with it next year. I can't wait to see your sweater in the variegated yarn. I bet it will look so pretty! How long does it usually take you to make a sweater?
Jen, how long it takes depends on how serious I get about knitting. Sometimes I will go for days without working on it. So I really can't say how long it takes.
Post a Comment