We had a great New Year's Day, went out to the refuge again. This time we got to stay longer. The last two times we went out we had to leave early. The first time because I didn't have a memory card for my camera and I could only take a very few pictures. We went to World of Wally and bought cards for both cameras. The next time we went out we discovered that we got the wrong card for DH's camera so we went back to Wally World and exchanged it for the right one. Today when we went out we were able to stay as long as we wanted too. We only went over about 1/2 the refuge though. We might go out tomorrow and tour the rest of it. We had lunch at Meers. We split an order of BBQ and homemade ice cream. Their servings are HUGE, I don't know how one person could eat all that but some of the people around us were doing it. We brought Sassy along and she did OK in the car. She usually lies down and naps. She did enjoy getting out and sniffing all the wonderful (to her) smells. The weather was gorgeous but a bit chilly in the morning. We went to the top of Mt. Scott but didn't stay long because the wind was blowing so hard and downright cold up there.
I think I'll do some knitting when I get done here.
Photo of the day, one that I took today. On the Refuge.

Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; who pardons all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases; who redeems your life from the pit; who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion; who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
Psalm 103:1-5
2 comments:
I'm amazed at just how big and open the Refuge is. I'd love to know its history.
Happy New Year.
Before the white man came the area that is now the Refuge was a favorite place for the Comanche and Kiowa. Some areas in it are still sacred to them today.
Post a Comment